Christmas shopping brings stress not only are you dealing with crowds, you also have to make sure you don’t break the bank. With only 3 weeks left until Christmas, we can only imagine the frenzy you might be in to get those last minute shopping gifts. Or maybe you haven’t purchased any gifts yet. No matter what the case is, we have some great tips to help you finalize purchasing those presents or even planning for next year. We’re also including a free gift checklist PDF that you can download at the end of this article.
Tips & Tricks for Christmas Shopping
- Set a Budget in Advance and Stick to It.
- Prioritize Your Gift List.
- Avoid Impulse Buying.
- Give the Gift of Charity.
- Find Hidden Amazon Discounts. Check out Amazon Discount Finder.
- Eliminate Expensive Wrapping Costs.
- Christmas is Not Time to Go Above and Beyond.
- Make Your Own Christmas Gifts.
- Check Out Fiverr.com.
- Give a Boomerang Gift Multiple People can Benefit From.
- Plan for Next Year with Post-Holiday Sales.
- Follow the Crowd. By using online discount sites, the more popular an item the more likely you are to get a better deal.
- Stash Cash for Maximum Savings. Sometimes retailers will give you up to 14% in discounts the longer you wait to purchase gifts.
- Avoid Shipping Fees. Find codes on freeshipping.org and retailmenot.com. There is also site-to-store shopping.
- Shop at Night.
- Know the Competition. Look at different ads online or in the Sunday Newspaper. Also, shop at stores with price match or post-purchase price match.
- Find a Tree for Free. By mid-December, artificial trees are marked down to end-of-season sales.
- Follow Your Favorite Stores on Social Media. They normally offer select discounts for customers who have liked them.
- Phone It In. DIY Price Comparison on the sport with apps by ShopSavvy.
- Grab Last-Minute Deals. While you might overpay on select items, there are still amazing deals available.
Read more with this awesome list of free resources and remember to download your Christmas Gift Checklist: