Fall is coming! We’re one full day away from the First Day of Fall!
We know many of our customers are slowly preparing for the upcoming change in season. Even though the upcoming week’s weather doesn’t appear to be fall like, we still want our customers to prep for the season. This includes the changing of weather: cooler temps, frost, rain and maybe even snow.
Fall gives us many things to enjoy, but there are also important home maintenance items to squeeze into your busy schedule. This check provides both indoor and outdoor activities to complete your fall maintenance. Some of the tasks can save you thousands of dollars if you catch them early enough. Be sure to complete each task thoroughly so you don’t miss any potential issues.
- Put Away Outdoor Furniture
- Inspect Chimney & Roof for Damages
- Clean Downspouts & Gutters
- Rake Leave & Dispose (it is strongly recommended to not burn leaves)
- Cut Back Perennial Plants & Mulch
- Remove & Drain Hoses; Store Inside
- Close or Install Storm Windows
- Test Snow Blower & Service if Needed
- Dust Blinds & Wash Curtains
- Clean Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinets
- Dispose of Outdated Food, Medicine & Cosmetics
- Test Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Have Furnace Professional Inspected
- Set Rodent Traps (if needed)
We’ve created the printable checklist below for all of the items mentioned above. You will also find extra lines to add your own personal tasks.
These tips were found on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home and were collected by Carrie. Read more here.
Cite: Carrie. “Fall Home Maintenance Checklist: Free Printable.” Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. Kenarry: Ideas for the Home, 14 Oct. 2014. Web. 21 Sept. 2015.
Photo Credit: freeimages.com/JulieFreeman-Woolpert