Before making the decision to buy wedding insurance from an agent, there are a few questions you should ask. By asking these questions, you will be able to determine if the agent you have contacted can truly help you with your wedding insurance needs:
- Are you a licensed agent in the state of [insert state of residence]?
- Are you able to sell wedding insurance in [insert state of residence]?
- Are you able to provide a quote for wedding insurance before I purchase?
- How much reimbursement can I expect if a loss occurs?
- What is covered & not covered by the policy? [Ask for specifics.]
- How far in advance should I purchase wedding insurance?
Another option to help you find a reputable agent for wedding insurance is by searching on Trusted Choice. This website lists agencies close to your area who are independent agents. You can also search by type of insurance so you can streamline the list to your specific needs.
Sources: The Knot, International Risk Management Institute, Insurance Information Institute, Bankrate, BrideBox
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.