Halloween is an exciting time of the year for adults and children. It means that fall is definitely here and Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Southwest Ohio has a ton of different opportunities for people to celebrate Halloween. Keep reading for a list of different events, safety tips, and costume ideas.
Southwest Ohio Halloween Events
- Halloween Nights – October 27th to October 30th – 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Winton Woods / Parky’s Farm
- Costume Party Walk – October 29th – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Woodland Mount/Seasongood Nature Center
- Carol Ann’s Carousel Spooktacular Event – October 29th – 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Halloween Skate Party – October 29th – 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. – Fountain Square Ice Rink
- Nature at Night Pumpkin Hike – October 29th – 7 p.m. – Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve / Ellenwood Nature Barn
- Haunted History Night Hike – October 29th – 7:30 p.m. – Glenwood Gardens / Gatehouse
- Fall Fest Weekend – October 29th to October 30th – Washington Park
- Lovelandopoly – October 29th – 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Downtown Loveland
- Mall-O-Ween – October 28th – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – The Mall at Fairfield Commons
- Spooktacular Aerospace Fun – October 29th – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – National Museum of the U.S. Air Force
- Haunted Cincinnati Tours
- Halloween Haunt
- U.S.S. Nightmare
- The Land of Illusion
- The Dent Schoolhouse
- The Wilmington Haunted Hollow Ride
- Haunted Orchard
Last Minute Halloween Costumes
Just in case you don’t have a Halloween costume yet, we decided to find a list of some quick and easy costume ideas. Just do a Google search and you’ll find an easy way to create these costumes:
- Pokemon Go Trainer
- Rubix Cube
- Price is Right Contestant
Halloween Safety Tips
Whether you are driving or participating in trick-or-treating, it is of utmost importance that you, your family, and your friends stay safe during Halloween festivities.
Safety Tips for Trick-or-Treaters
- Cross the street at corners and use crosswalks when available.
- Look left, right, and left again when crossing.
- Don’t run across the street.
- Put down electronics devices when crossing the street.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths and in the direction of on-coming traffic.
- Watch for cars backing up or turning.
Safety Tips for Costumes
- Make sure costumes are safe to wear.
- Decorate costumes and candy bags with reflective tape, stickers, and glow sticks.
- Choose face paint instead of masks.
- Make sure a costume is not too big or baggy.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Drive more cautiously and aware of your surroundings on Halloween.
- Slow down and be alert at all times.
- Enter and exit driveways slowly.
- Eliminate distractions inside of your car.
- Anticipate heavy car and pedestrian traffic.
American Heritage Insurance Group is an independent property and casualty insurance agency offering personal lines insurance, commercial lines insurance for small and medium sized businesses, farm insurance, and several specialty lines. We have offices located in Cincinnati, Milford, and Springfield, Ohio.