The start of fall is only 4 weekends away. While we’re excited for the bonfires, football games, change in leaves and upcoming holiday traditions, we’re still sad to see summer go. We will miss the warm sun, pool activities, and most importantly vacations. With many of schools back in session, squeezing in that last vacation might prove very difficult. So instead of going away for a weekend, why don’t you stay and participate in a staycation in a city you already know and love.
Cincinnati Magazine’s author, Katherine Braden, has provided us with the Top 5 Staycation Ideas. Braden offers a range of activities depending on what you would like to focus on during the weekend. See the shortened list of itineraries below.
- Arts & Culture
- Cincinnati Art Museum
- Contemporary Art Museum
- Visit one of David Falk’s Restaurants: Boca, Nada, or Sotto
- BB Riverboats’ Dixieland Jazz Brunch
- Take a ride on Newport’s Ride the Ducks
- Enjoy a Cincinnati Food Tour
- Take Flight with Bella Balloons for a Bird’s Eye View of the City
- Cincinnati Museum Center
- Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Harriet Beecher Stowe House
- William Howard Taft National Historical Site
- Visit The Heritage Village Museum in Loveland
- Enjoy Dinner at The Golden Lamb, Ohio’s Oldest Inn
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Cincinnati Nature Center (located in Milford & Goshen)
- Take a Spin on the Loveland Bike Trail
- Visit the Gorman Heritage Farm
- Enjoy Dinner at the Wildflower Café & Coffee House
- Kings Island
- For Classic Rides Visit Coney Island
- Want to enjoy the water? Visit Great Wolf Lodge, CoCo Key, or The Beach Waterpark
- End the Day Over at Blue Ash Chili
Read more: http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/top5/top-5-staycation-ideas/
Cite: Braden, Katherine. “Top 5 Staycation Ideas.” Cincinnati Magazine. Cincinnati Magazine, 02 June 2014. Web. 26 Aug. 2015.
Photo Credit: freeimages.com/StellaLevi
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.