Job Title: Marketing and Communications Director
Montgomery, Ohio Office
Wage Status: Hourly/Salary plus Quarterly Bonus
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance; Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, and Vacation; Paid Life Insurance
Type of Supervisor:
- Daily – Michael Rice, Owner
- Overall – Michael Rice, Owner
Number of Employees to Supervise: None
American Heritage Insurance Group and The Insurance Connection are both in the Property and Casualty Insurance business. Both organizations have a comprehensive marketing and communications activities and need an internal resource to help plan and execute these activities.
This position will assist the owner with all aspects of the marketing and communications activities of American Heritage Insurance Group and The Insurance Connection. The objective is to promote both organizations with the end result of increasing sales activities and sustaining/extending our existing culture.
The individual in this position will handle the planning and execution of the marketing and communications to current customers and prospects. The key characteristics we want to see in a candidate are (1) a strong desire to learn, (2) self-motivated, (3) ability to think independently yet work cooperatively with a team, (4) detail oriented, (5) organized, (6) ability to communicate clearly in writing, (7) creative and (8) innovative. See the Job Dimensions below.
- Assist with the creation and execution of the marketing and communications plans for American Heritage Insurance Group and The Insurance Connection. These plans contain the comprehensive activities to promote the organizations to prospects, current customers and the public in general.
- Maintain budget and coordinate co-op expenses with insurance company partners.
- Coordinate and create collateral material for meetings, events, sales materials, and other projects as needed.
- Help Coordinate the Following Events:
- The Insurance Connection – Annual Meeting
- American Heritage Insurance Group – Customer Appreciation Days
- American Heritage Insurance Group – Employee Engagement Activities
- Provide marketing recommendations and resources for American Heritage and The Insurance Connection.
- Maintain and update the American Heritage and The Insurance Connection Websites.
- Create new and engaging blog posts.
- Develop and activate a social media marketing plan for American Heritage Insurance Group and The Insurance Connection. This includes monthly scheduling, last minute updates, and monitoring of all social listening.
- Maintain and utilize our CRM system including monthly newsletters, special emails about new products, and other e-communications.
- Maintain the yearly marketing calendar. This includes the monthly content and event calendars.
- Maintain the company video board.
- Maintain promotional item inventory.
- Assist with general marketing and communication activities as considered from time to time.
- Maintain the company’s internal and external directories.
- Assist with answering phones or greeting customers.
- Assist with general administrative duties as considered from time to time.
- Maintain the CRM System (Hatchbuck)
- Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (to create custom graphics and designs)
- Microsoft Office
- MAC & PC Experience
- Hawksoft CMS (agency management system)
- WordPress – Primary for blogging and minor Web updates.
- Understanding of Basic Coding Language
- Familiarity with digital formats for printing copy
- College Degree in Marketing or Communications
- Alternative Degrees – Business, Public Relations, Risk Management, Graphics Arts and Design, Journalism
- Familiarity with the Insurance Industry is extremely helpful, but not required.
- Equivalent business work experience is relevant and may be a substitute for actual insurance knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Social Media activities required.
- Creative Design experience preferred.
- Evidence of successful Project Management experience preferred.
- Strong writing and communications experience required.
A thorough appreciation of sales environments is important. Also, an appreciation of the insurance industry will be of great assistance.
- Adaptability – maintain effectiveness in varying environments, tasks, responsibilities and with different people.
- Analysis – ability to relate and compare information from varying sources; identifying issues, securing relevant information and identifying relationships and alternative courses of action.
- Attention to detail – thoroughness and the ability to accomplish small tasks, but with a concern with all subject matters areas involved, no matter how big or small.
- Collaboration – work effectively with coworkers to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Customer Service Orientation – listens to and understands customer’s issues, problems, concerns and needs; anticipates customer’s requirements and gives high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Decisiveness – readiness to make decisions; renders judgment; takes action or commits oneself.
- Energy – maintaining a high activity level.
- Follow Up – establishes procedures to monitor the task.
- Impact – creating a good first impression; commanding attention and respect; showing an air of confidence.
- Independence – taking action in which the dominant influence is ones own convictions rather than the influence of others opinions.
- Innovation – generates creative solutions to most situations; tries varying and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Integrity – maintaining ethical and moral norms in job-related activities.
- Initiative – actively attempting to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting, rather than passive acceptance; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily required.
- Listening – demonstrate an understanding of the content of oral communication; an awareness of the feelings behind the content of discussions.
- Open-Minded – is willing to listen to new ideas and thoughts; is slow to judgment when dealing with paradigm shifts and new ideas.
- Oral Communication – effective expression in individual group situations.
- Oral Presentation – effective expression to individuals or groups.
- Persuasive – use of appropriate interpersonal skills, styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, service or product.
- Planning and Organizing – establish a course of action for self or others to accomplish specific goals.
- Quality Awareness – identify conditions that might affect the quality of a product or service; implements processes and controls to maintain highest quality awareness.
- Resilience – handling disappointment and/or rejection while maintaining effectiveness.
- Team Oriented – understand the value of working in a group and appreciates the benefits of sharing and exchanging ideas; consider the goal of the organization more important than individual success.
- Tolerance for Stress – maintain stable performance under pressure and/or opposition.
- Work Standards – set high goals and standards of performance for self and expect similar high goals and performance from subordinates and others in the organization; dissatisfied with average or second best.
- Written Communication – clear expression of ideas in writing, includes grammar, organization and structure.