What is Wedding Insurance Coverage? Wedding insurance is special event insurance that provides coverage for wedding mishaps such as venues closing, vendor no-shows, extreme weather, damaged gifts, sickness or injury and more. Optional liability and liquor liability coverage are also available to protect your interests from unfortunate mishaps such as slips and falls or damage to property at the event. Make sure your wedding insurance has your big day protected for those “just in case” moments.
Get a Wedding Insurance Quote
A wedding can be a big investment. Take a moment to get a quote from your agent and protect the memories that can last a lifetime. A policy can cover multiple events, from the rehearsal to the last dance, and even brunch on the morning after (most states).
What Does Wedding Insurance Cover?
- Cancellation or Postponement Coverage: This helps protect you from financial loss if your big day needs to be postponed or cancelled due to family illness, extreme weather or some other unexpected reason.
- Wedding Video/Photo Coverage: That means, if your photographer or videographer doesn’t show up for the event, or does not deliver photos and videos when promised, you’re covered.
- Protection for Wedding Gifts: Wedding insurance can provide coverage for wedding gifts (excluding cash and gift cards).
- Special Attire and Jewelry Coverage: This includes coverage for lost or damaged dresses or attire and special jewelry coverage that includes lost or damaged wedding rings.
- Coverage for Lost Deposits: This protects lost deposits such as those paid to bakers, caterers, bridal boutiques and wedding venues that go out of business.
- Additional Wedding Expenses: This provides coverage for unexpected expenses that come up such as replacing a damaged wedding cake, spoiled food and other glitches in catering and entertainment.
Additional Wedding Coverages
- Wedding Liability Insurance: This is an optional coverage that covers damages to the venue or injuries to guests.
- Liquor Liability Coverage: This is an optional coverage that can protect against on premises alcohol-related accidents that can result in your liability. Liquor liability coverage is available up the liability limit on the policy. Liability coverage must be purchased to acquire this additional wedding coverage option.
Source: Travelers Insurance