To survive winter this year, complete your winter car maintenance! Preparing your vehicle can make a world of difference. The change in seasons is always a great time to have your vehicle inspected. Winter car maintenance is particularly important because that last thing you want to happen during a snow storm is your vehicle to stop running on you. Read below for recommended winter car maintenance tips and download our free checklist!
Winter Car Maintenance Tips
- Read Your Owner’s Manual – Before touching your car, browse through your owner’s manual to make sure you haven’t missed any recommended service schedules. You might find tips for seasonal maintenance too.
- Check Your Battery – Consider having your battery professionally tested. They will be able to let you know if you should consider changing your battery before winter sets in.
- Replace Wiper Blades – If you haven’t replaced your wiper blades in 6 months, consider this task before winter. Old wiper blades can leave streaks or miss areas on your windshield making visibility hard. Replacing your blades can easily solve this issue.
- Check the Oil – When cold, motor oil can thicken. Keeping your oil changes in check can provide reliable knowledge that the correct oil is being used. Also, have your filter changed to make sure the system is obtaining its max flow.
- Mechanic Check – Schedule a date for you mechanic to check the radiator, heater hoses, antifreeze, and tires.
- Washer Fluid – Keep your washer fluid levels full during the winter to prevent it from freezing.
- Gas Level – Keep your gas tank full as well to keep from freezing your fuel pump.
American Heritage Insurance Group is an independent property and casualty insurance agency offering personal lines insurance, commercial lines insurance for small and medium sized businesses, farm insurance, and several specialty lines. We have offices located in Cincinnati, Milford, and Springfield, Ohio.