October 3rd through October 7th marks the annual Drive Safely to Work Week. This year’s theme is Drowsy, Distracted, or Focused…Your Decisions Drive Your Safety. Each day this week, the Network of Employers for Traffic Safety are asking you to participate in making your colleagues, family, and friends aware of the dangers when driving to and from work. Below you will find daily tasks, tweets, and links to items you are asked to participate in. Include those around you in the activities below to make sure everyone is practicing safety when driving.
Day 1 of Drive Safely to Work Week: Monday
- Tweet “Driver behavior contributes to 94% of all crashes. Your decisions drive your safety! #DSWW2016”
- Read Drowsy, Distracted, or Focused…Your Decisions Drive Your Safety Handout
- Take RoadRISK – Driver Risk Assessment
Day 2 of Drive Safely to Work Week: Tuesday
- Tweet “Good sleep drives positive behavior and performance in all things. #DSWW2016”
- Read First Things First. Are You Getting Enough Sleep? Handout
- Take the Epworth Sleepiness Scale Assessment
Day 3 of Drive Safely to Work Week: Wednesday
- Tweet “Safe driving tomorrow starts with 7-8 hours of quality sleep tonight. Your decisions drive your safety! #DSWW2016”
- Read Wake Up Call: Anyone Could Be At Risk For Drowsy Driving Handout
- Take the Drowsy Driving Quiz
Day 4 of Drive Safely to Work Week: Thursday
- Tweet “Handheld or Hands-free, they are equally risky. Silence and stow before you go. #DSWW2016”
- Read Dial into the Task at Hand…Driving Handout
- Sign a Pledge to Focus while Driving
Day 5 of Drive Safely to Work Week: Friday
- Tweet “Don’t put your safety in the hands of other drivers. Buckle up on every trip. Every time. Your decisions drive your safety! #DSWW2016”
- Read Slow Down. Speed Matters. Handout
Hopefully, these resources will help you become more aware of the issues that can happen while driving to work. If you need further information, I recommend that you visit the Traffic Safety website.
Source: Traffic Safety
American Heritage Insurance Group is an independent property and casualty insurance agency offering personal lines insurance, commercial lines insurance for small and medium sized businesses, farm insurance, and several specialty lines. We have offices located in Cincinnati, Milford, and Springfield, Ohio.