Let’s celebrate financial planning week!
Like most people, I know my financial goals sometimes fall to the side. When this happens I normally become flustered trying to figure out not only where my money mysteriously went, but also if I have enough in my accounts to pay my bills. Financial planning week is a great time to review and update your finances and financial goals. Check out these tips to see how you can celebrate financial planning week.
Financial Planning Tips (Forbes)
- Balance Your Checkbook
- Create or Review Your Will & Other Estate-Planning Documents
- Call Your Financial Planner – Remember to Thank Them!
- Create a Budget
- Establish an Emergency Fund
- Set Your Holiday Budget
- Review Your Insurance Coverage
- Explore Using Personal Finance Software
- Pay Off or Pay a Large Amount Towards Your Credit Card
- Consider Opening a Child’s Saving Account and College Fund
- Teach Your Children About Finances
- Donate to a Favorite Charity
Other Financial Resources
If you find yourself struggling with where to start or you have other questions about finances, we’ve done some research to find valuable information to hopefully help! NerdWallet is one of my favorite sources for financial information. Check out these articles:
- Financial Planning for the 21st Century
- 11 Tips to Raise Financially Savvy Kids
- Drowning in Debt? How to Get Back on Track
- 12 Money Rules to Live By
Do you have any other sources that offer great financial planning tips? Let us know below!
American Heritage Insurance Group is an independent property and casualty insurance agency offering personal lines insurance, commercial lines insurance for small and medium sized businesses, farm insurance, and several specialty lines. We have offices located in Cincinnati, Milford, and Springfield, Ohio.