While many people already have their Thanksgiving plans set-in-stone, some people might be planning their own Thanksgiving for the first time. For that reason, American Heritage Insurance Group decided to create a beginners guide to hosting Thanksgiving. This guide will help to make your Thanksgiving dinner planning simple and fast. We will include a free download to a printable guide below.
Read all about the different steps and the timeframe you need to host a successful Thanksgiving dinner. We wish you best of luck and a Happy Thanksgiving!
2 Weeks Before
- Plan a menu. Select dishes that are well rounded and delicious.
- Decide what kind of turkey to serve.
1 Week Before
- Get organized by making lists. Make a grocery list with all of the items needed.
- Plan the table setting. Clean any napkins and tablecloths that might be dirty/dusty.
- Make a seating chart and place cards.
- Prepare your kitchen. Clean the pantry, fridge and freezer.
- Clean your house.
- Make a cooking plan so everything is done and warm at the same time.
The Monday Before
- Purchase all non-perishable groceries.
- If frozen, defrost the turkey.
- Set the table and arrange any decorations/centerpieces. Place any candles in votive holders.
- Figure out your serving plan. Write the name of each dish on a post-it and place inside the serving vessel.
- Clean any glasses and silverware.
The Tuesday Before
- Make pie dough.
- Make the cranberry sauce.
- Cut the bread for stuffing into cubes.
The Wednesday Before
- Chop vegetables. Place in bowls, cover with plastic bags and refrigerate.
- Finish the pies.
- Peel the potatoes. Store in a bowl of water in the fridge.
- Prep any appetizers.
- Shop for perishable groceries.
- Prepare any make ahead side dishes.
- Remove the turkey from the fridge in the morning, so it has time to come to room temperature.
- Make the stuffing.
- For dinner at 5 p.m., put the turkey in the oven at noon.
- Reheat the cranberry sauce.
- Make the mashed potatoes and appetizers.
- Chill any drinks.
Download for Free: A Beginners Guide to Hosting Thanksgiving
Photo by picjumbo.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.