How-To: Prep Your RV for Spring
Before we know it, spring will be right around the corner. In fact, it’s already starting to warm up. Many people begin to pull their spring, summer, and fall recreation vehicles out from storage at this time to make improvements, tune-up or just prepare for the following seasons. If you have an RV, there are a couple of checks that you should complete or have someone complete for you. These checks are important because it will make your RV safe and ready for use when the first warm and sunny weekend arrives.
Spring RV Checklist
- Remove RV Covers
- Check for Water Leaks – Look at the roof and caulking around windows, vents, air conditioners, and doors.
- Check the Tires – Look for sidewall cracks or cracks between tread. Replace tires if there is any sign of cracking. Also, check the tire pressure and add air if necessary.
- Check the Battery and Replace if Needed
- Examine the Inside – Open the windows, check for water damage, check for any other visible issues.
- Check for Bugs, Mice and Other Animals
- Check for Gas Leaks
- Examine the Outside – Check for rust or any other damage.
- Check the Propane
- Check the Water Pipes and Plumping
- Test Appliances and Clean
- Inspect Dump Hoses for Damage
- Inspect the Valve Seal on the Waster Tank
- Check the Awning for Tears or Holes
We hope this helps with preparing your RV for use during the upcoming seasons!