Note-taking is a common task that many either do or don’t do. Some see the great benefits of note-taking while others think it’s pointless. You often see students taking notes, but you can use this skill in every aspect of your life!
If you were not taught how to take basic notes, follow these tips:
- Keep your notes simple.
- Write down keywords and short sentences.
- Try different styles depending on the usage. Common types include outlining, lists, the Cornell method, and mind mapping.
- Consider using symbols, highlighters, sticky notes, or flags for important items.
- Use a pen and paper, not a laptop.
Techniques for Work
If you want to start taking notes at work but aren’t sure how to start, follow these tips:
- When to take notes: one-on-one meetings, big conversations, client meetings, and mentor/contact meetings.
- How to organize your notes: use one “note” book, use the same format, and set time to review your notes every week.
- Summarize your meeting notes after the meeting ends. Tip: write these in a different color so they stand out.
Extra Note-Taking Goodies
Since we’ve just finished talking about how note-taking can help you in all aspects of your life, we wanted to share some amazing images of note-taking skills that people have. Check some of the images out below and if you want to see more, click the links below! Also, if you have any tips, tricks or your own note photos, share them below! We would love to see how organized our customers and readers are!
More pictures: Seventeen, BuzzFeed
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.