As all of you should be aware by now, the winter weather is breaking, and spring is just around the corner! This means not only is the weather different, but the dynamic of your home is different. “Spring cleaning” has always been a well-known term, but it’s something that we should all actually live by. Here are some tips on how to get your house ready for spring, so you can enjoy the weather more when spring truly arrives!
1. Clean gutters and downspouts out. This will ensure that all that spring rain water is directed away from the house.
2. Cut back tree limbs and shrubbery growing within five feet from your house or brushing up against the roof. This creates better ventilation, helps dry out surfaces, and prevents possible damage to your home.
3. Spring is the best time to repair concrete. Check for and repair any cracks in your sidewalk or driveway.
4. Get your patio furniture out of storage (yay!) and pressure wash your patio/deck. Thoroughly wipe down surfaces of all your patio furniture.
5. Check your garden hoses for dry rotting and inspect hose faucets for potential freeze damage.
6. Clean/condition your outdoor grill by first rinsing all outside surfaces with water. If grease has loosened on the grill grates and inside of the grill, wipe off using grill cleaner and paper towels. Follow by washing with a mild detergent and water. Rinse well and wipe dry.
7. Check for possible damage to the roof. Look for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs. For safety reasons, you may want to consider hiring a qualified professional to take care of any repair work that needs to be done.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.