Pet Insurance reimburses you for your dog or cat’s unexpected medical bills. Pet Insurance with American Heritage is done through the Figo Program.
How Does it Work?
Your pet is treated at any veterinarian for sickness or injury and you submit the bill to Figo for reimbursement by simply snapping a photo of your vet bill. Then you upload the photo via Figo’s Pet cloud mobile app to be reimbursed for the costs. This takes an average of seven days. It’s that easy!
Why Do You Need Pet Insurance?
Advancements in veterinary medicine save more pets than ever, and those treatments can be really expensive. Below are some of the average costs for dog health emergencies.
- Foreign Object Ingestion: $3,000
- Hip Dysplasia: $7,000
- Hit By a Car: $3,700
- Cancer: $9,000
- Torn ACL: $5,400
How Much Does the Figo Program Cost?
The average cost of the program is $1.25 a day and it lets you see any licensed veterinarian, specialist, and ER in the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico. Enrollment is easy and customer care is accessible by phone, email, text, chat and Twitter!
Figo is an “annual deductible” policy which means you can submit any size claim at any time during the policy year. Once you have met your chosen annual deductible (applied to your veterinary bill for any covered loss, after your copay), then you no longer have to pay a deductible for the remained of your annual policy period! At this point, all you would be responsible for is your selected copay of any covered treatment.
We can tailor fit your policy to meet your needs with our different deductible options. You can choose from a $50, $100, $200, or $500 deductible.
What Else is Included with the Policy?
When you sign up for a Figo policy, you also receive the first-ever Pet Cloud with a mobile app to help manage your pets life. It includes features such as access to your pet’s records for travel and emergencies, text and email reminders for pet health appointments, lost pet technology and family text alerts and a pet-friendly business locator.
What is Covered Under the Figo Pet Insurance Plan?
- Veterinary Exam Fee: This is only for covered treatments and does not include routine exams as they are considered preventative or maintenance exams.
- Emergency and Hospitalization
- Surgery: All forms as long as it is relating to a covered injury or illness.
- Hereditary and Congenital Conditions: All are covered as long as they are not considered a pre-exisiting condition.
- Prescription Medications: Prescribed by a licensed veterinarian that relate to the treatment of a covered illness or injury.
- Cancer Treatments
- Specialty Care: Often required for advanced surgeries or treatment that your primary vet is unable to perform. Examples include Oncologists, Cardiology, Neurology, Internal Medicine Experts, Radiology, Surgery, Advance Imaging, Orthopedics and Critical Emergency Care.
- Chronic Conditions: Any chronic condition that first shows signs AFTER your policy waiting period. Coverage is for life as long as your pet maintains continuous coverage with Figo. Examples include allergies, diabetes, obesity, cancer, dry eyes and asthma.
- X-Rays, MRIs, Cat Scans, Ultrasounds & Blood Work: Diagnostic testing considered medically necessary by a licensed veterinarian to help diagnose or treat your pet for an illness or injury covered under our policy.
- Ligament and Knee Conditions: Policy has a 6 month waiting period on this coverage.
- Hip Dysplasia: Covered as long as it is not deemed pre-existing.
- Rehabilitation: Must be performed by a licensed veterinarian and for the treatment of a covered injury or illness.
- Prosthetic or Orthotic Devices: Covered as part of a treatment plan for a covered illness or injury.
- Physical Therapy and Holistic and Alternative Therapies: Must be related to a covered illness or injury.
- Stem Cell Therapy: Must be provided by a licensed veterinarian who deems it necessary for treatment of a covered illness or injury.
- Non-Routine Dental Treatments: Part of a treatment plan for a covered accident or illness. Does not cover routine, preventative dental care.
- Euthanasia: Must be deemed medically necessary and is the result of a covered accident or illness.
Depending on the policy plan chosen (Essential, Preferred or Ultimate) you can also have some coverage for Behavioral Therapy, Boarding Kennel and Cattery Fees, Advertising and Reward, Loss Due to Theft or Straying, Vacation Cancellation, Mortality Benefit.
**Figo does insure working dogs, however due to the higher risk of injury, there is a 10% increase in premium.**
What is Not Covered Under the Figo Insurance Plan?
- Pre-existing Conditions: Any condition showing signs prior to the start of your policy period (and waiting period).
- Routine or Preventative Care
- Spaying or Neutering
- Pets Less than 6 Weeks Old
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Elective Surgeries
- Obedience or Training Classes and Devices
- Failure to Adhere to Veterinarian’s Preventative and Treatment Advice
- Anything not Administered by a Veterinarian
- Breeding, Pregnancy or Giving Birth
- Eating Poop or Other Eating Disorders
- Inhumane Treatments
- Neglect or Abuse
- Racing, Coursing or Organized Fighting
- Experimental Procedures
- Cloned Pets or Cloning Procedures
- Chemical, Biological or Nuclear events
- War, Invasion, Revolt or Quarantine
For More Information
Call 513-984-5255 to learn more about the options, exclusions and waiting periods.