We’re 30 days into the New Year and many of us at American Heritage Insurance Group are striving to stick to our 2018 New Year’s Resolutions. Did you know that not only can you make the typical resolutions such as exercise more, eat healthy, save money etc., but you can also make insurance resolutions? Check out our list below for insurance resolutions, the most common New Year’s Resolutions, and how to keep them!
Insurance New Year’s Resolutions
- Add Life Insurance Coverage
- Revisit Beneficiaries
- Establish Your Insurance Portfolio
- Sit Down With Your Agent
- Resolve to Be Smarter with Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Consider dropping collision and comprehensive coverage on older vehicles to save money.
- Drive Carefully
- Home Insurance
- Update the inventory of your possessions.
- Check to make sure coverage remains high enough if you ever have to repair or rebuild at today’s construction prices.
- Life Insurance
- Look for Ways to Cut Life Insurance Costs
- Check to make sure you are covered properly.
General New Year’s Resolutions
- Lose Weight / Exercise More
- Quit Smoking
- Eat Healthy
- Learn Something New
- Spend Less, Save More
- Drink Less Alcohol
- Give Back to the Community
- Spend More Time with Family / Loved Ones
The One New Year’s Resolution that Usually Works
- Financial Resolutions are the easiest resolutions to achieve.
- In 2015, 56% of people in a general survey who had said they wanted some type of financial improvement actually did complete this resolution.
- Make sure you form an action plan. Once it’s formed, it’s much easier to follow it. Also, change your life so they you are more likely to succeed. Create realistic and attainable goals. Also track your progress, avoid weaknesses, and allow the occasional mistake.
Tips for Keeping Your Resolutions
- Make a mini resolution.
- Be specific with the resolution and how you’re going to achieve it.
- Plan, plan, plan. Plot the steps you will take to achieve your goal.
- Take it public.
- Find a buddy.
- Consider a disincentive.
- Make a resolution to enjoy and protect what you already have